After reading this novel I will be more skeptical of stories I may hear. I will listen with great interest and draw my own conclusions whether it is true or not. As with any story that is passed along from person to person, each time it is told someone adds their own twist. If the story were to ever get back to the original storyteller, I'm sure they would be shocked at the changes.
I believe that this story is "true" in the sense that the feelings associated with war are that real. These stories themselves may not have been true, but their impact was real. These stories could have taken place. They were not that far fetched to be unbelievable. At times while reading this book, I was shocked when O'Brien stated this story was not true. But it was my "stomach belief" that made them true. I felt as if I could relate and share their feelings.
I would definitely recommend this book. As a matter of fact, once we are done with this book in class, I am passing it on to a couple of coworkers that are interested in reading it. I am an emotional reader. I like to feel what the character is feeling. This was a great book to associate feelings with.
Friday, February 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment